A Boy & his Daddy


There is something about the bond between a boy and his daddy. It's something so special and unique that I am able to witness firsthand every day. My son is one lucky boy. His daddy loves him beyond belief and showers him with hugs and kisses every possible moment that he can. Kai also loves his daddy back. We FaceTime once or twice a day when Daddy is at work and as soon as Kai sees his daddy, you can see the change in his face. Even when he's fussy, the minute I say let's call your daddy or he hears the FaceTime dialing, he can't wait to see Daddy. (Yup, I said it, a 2-month old FaceTimes his daddy daily.)


As Kai's mom, I am so grateful for my hubby's love of our child. He embraces this new life and participates 100%, even at every late night feeding. Daddy has even committed to an hour or so every morning (when Kai is the most alert) to spend with him. He looks forward to swimming every weekend with Kai now that he can go in the pool at our house. He talks about teaching him how to ride a bike and how they will play in the grass. He can't wait to show Kai how to surf and hopes that he will love sports as much as he does.

It's an amazing bond they have and I am so proud to be the wife/mommy to these two. It's such an important relationship in a little boy's life and my hubby is the best daddy he can be. It's no wonder Kai made his arrival on Father's Day! My heart is full.

Comments