In the Kitchen: PB Chocolate Chip Cookies

PB Chocolate Chip Cookies FTW!
Staying at home with my new baby son is wonderful. I love watching him grow and change right before my very eyes. But, let's be honest, it's not always easy hanging out with a little one all day, every day. So, it didn't take long before I asked my mom for one of her extra KitchenAid Mixers to keep me busy. Let me tell you, if you've never baked using a KitchenAid Mixer, you haven't lived. (Haha, I'm so dramatic.) These things are beasts and mix like I've never mixed before.

My first endeavor was these yummilicious (yup, I know, not a word) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Since making these, I've been on a cookie binge, so pretty much you can call me the Cookie Monster. My first attempt at baking with Kai around was a challenge, but gave me a chance to feel like I was doing something and I felt very domesticated. Ha! I put him in his Rock N' Play and rocked him with my foot while he slept and I baked my heart away in the kitchen. It was a mission accomplished when these bad boys came out of the oven. (They must've been good, because my hubby gave me two thumbs up (totally legit critique) and my aunty bought me cookie racks and cute piggy spatulas to scrape the cookie dough off my KitchenAid Mixer. #BOOM!)
hello piggies!
Here's the recipe:

1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c chocolate chips (optional)

Place peanut butter and butter in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 6 and beat until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add sugars, egg, and vanilla. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl.
Turn to Stir Speed. Gradually add all remaining ingredients to sugar mixture and mix about 30 seconds. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press flat with fork in a criss-cross pattern to 1/4-inch thickness.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.

Comments