Water Baby!

Untitled
Another day, another dip in the pool!
My son is a water baby. Guess I should've expected that since his daddy loves the water, too. Since Kai was allowed by his doctor at two months, every weekend like clockwork, those two go and take a dip in the pool. My son is so brave - much braver than I am. Sometimes the water is so cold that I can only dip my legs in, yet Kai doesn't complain at all when he's taken into the water. He doesn't have the words to express that he's cold, so you'd think he might cry or whine. Nope, just smiles the entire time.

I remember the first time we took him in the water. It was probably shocking to his body, he had his eyes shut and he just kept drooling. Haha! I think he even fell asleep in my husband's hands. But ever since, he's gotten used to us letting him know he's going "swimming" and doesn't complain at all.

Going underwater was another adventure, too. I was so scared, because even I hate putting my head in the water! We were visiting my hubby's parents in Cali and we just decided to do it. (His parents don't get to be a part of my "firsts" since they live so far away, but it was fun to share this with them.) Of course, I Googled the crap out of how to put your baby underwater and went for it. (You can hear me coaching my hubby on what to do in the vid. I was so nervous!) At first, he was stunned but his post underwater celebration was the best. He just kept kicking and dancing. What a brave boy!



Comments